Forms of Ragging:
Display of noisy, disorderly conduct, teasing, excitement by rough or rude treatment or
handling, including rowdy, undisciplined activities which cause or likely to cause annoyance,
undue hardship, physical or psychological harm or raise apprehensive fear in a fresher, or asking
the students to do any act or perform something which such a student will not do in the ordinary
course and which causes him/her shame or embarrassment or danger to his/her life, etc.
Punishment for Participation in/or Abetment of Ragging :
1. Cancellation of admission.
2. Suspension from attending classes.
3. Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
4. Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
5. Withholding results.
6. Debarring from representing the institution in any national or international meet,
tournament, youth festival, etc.
7. Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
8. Rustication from the institution for periods varying from 1 to 4 semesters or
9. Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any
10 Fine up to Rs. 25,000/-